For those of your followers wondering why two birth control methods are necessary here are some tiny facts on pregnancy while using birth control.
The Pill has a 99% effectivness when used correctly.
- Of those women who use the pill exactly as directed, fewer than 1 in 100 will experience an accidental pregnancy during the first year of using this method.
91% effectiveness with typical use.
- Of those women who do not use the pill exactly as directed, about 9 in 100 will experience an accidental pregnancy during the first year of using this method.
Also remember that certain antibiotics will cause the pill to STOP WORKING
MALE CONDOM is only 98% effective with perfect use
- Of those women who use condoms exactly as directed, about 2 in 100 will experience an accidental pregnancy during the first year they use this method.
82% effective when used typical.
- Of those women who do not use condoms exactly as directed, about 18 in 100 will experience an accidental pregnancy during the first year they use this method.
And if that isn’t enough to warrant two birth control methods what about the fact that condoms help in the prevention of std’s. And if you don’t believe that STD’s are something to be worried about here are some facts on that.
- Estimated number of Americans living with an STD: 65 million
- Number of new cases of STDs every year: 19 million
- Number of Americans who will get an STD in their lifetime: 1 in 4
- Number of unsafe sexual contacts it takes to get an STD: 1
- Number of Americans who have genital herpes: 45 million
- Percentage of Americans who have herpes and do not know it: 35
- Seconds it takes for a new person gets genital herpes: 30
- Number of people living with HIV/AIDS in America: 468,578
- Percentage of those people who are African-American: 44
- Number of people living with HIV who have not been diagnosed: 1 in 5
- Maximum number of days it takes to detect HIV with a DNA by PCR test: 28
- Estimated total number of cases of Chlamydia each year: 4,000,000
- Percentage of women living with Chlamydia who do not know it: 75
- Estimated cost of Chlamydia complications in the U.S. each year: $2,000,000,000
- Average cost of antibiotic to treat a case of Chlamydia: $15
- Percentage of people who have gonorrhea in the throat and do not know it: 90
- Percentage of people who have syphilis, do not know it, and develop complications years later: 33
- Estimated increased risk of acquiring HIV if infected with syphilis: 5 times
- Percentage of IV drug users who are infected with Hepatitis B: 30
- Percentage of IV drug users who are infected with Hepatitis C: 85
- Percentage of straight men and women who have had sex with more than 5 people in the last 6 months who have Hepatitis B: 21
- Number of people out of 100 infected with Hepatitis C who will develop chronic infection: 80